- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 dozen littleneck clams
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon (or more depending on your heat index) red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh basil for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta, following the package instructions, until al dente.
2. Heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and allow it to cook down, about 1 minute. Add the clams, and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cover sauce pan and cook until clams open, 8-10 minutes. (discard any clams that did not open). Remove from the heat. Add parsley. Drain the pasta place in serving bowl, add clams and clam sauce, toss gently to incorporate ingredients. Garnish and serve immediately.
Click here to view other South Florida Food and Wine Weekend Kitchen recipes