Last night we had Grilled Artichokes for supper. Tricia’s husband, Dave whipped them up for us as we went on our three mile walk; and when we came back Chef Dave had these pretty fabulous grilled artichokes ready and waiting for us. Dave used the grilled artichoke recipe from allrecipes.com. The only thing he didn’t add was the chopped garlic.
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 large artichokes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- teaspoon salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge into the water. Trim the tops from the artichokes, then cut in half lengthwise, and place halves into the bowl of lemon water to prevent them from turning brown.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Add artichokes to boiling water, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, don’t let them get mushy. Drain. Squeeze the remaining lemon wedges into a medium bowl. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the artichokes with a coating of olive oil and place them on the preheated grill. Grill the artichokes for 5 to 10 minutes, basting with dip and turning frequently, until the tips are a little charred. Serve immediately.