Recipe for Roasted Fennel
- 2 fennel bulbs (thick base of stalk), stalks cut off, bulbs halved lengthwise, then cut lengthwise in 1-inch thick pieces
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 6-8 pieces of Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped if you desire)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the sliced fennel in a mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, coat the fennel pieces in the mixture thoroughly. Place the fennel on a sheet pan, do not layer. Grate half the Pecorino-Romano cheese over the top of the fennel. Roast until the fennel is fork tender, about 30-40 minutes.
2. Turn the oven to broil. Place the sundried tomato pieces, olives and parsley on top of the fennel. Broil until slightly charred about 5-7 minutes. Shave the remaining Pecorino-Romano cheese over the top before serving.