Le Dîner en Blanc will take over one of West Palm Beach’s public spaces on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 for the county’s first ever pop-up event.
What is Le Dîner en Blanc?
Le Dîner en Blanc is described on its website as “A très chic picnic is equal parts mystery tour, pop-up feast and je ne sais quoi!” Launched in Paris more than 25 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Dîner en Blanc Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. What began as a friends and word-of-mouth only event has grown into an international social sensation in over 60 cities in more than 25 countries where guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a meal with friends in one of their citys public locations.
While a very sensational event, there are rules and regulations that must be adhered to, and once you are confirmed as a guest there is no backing out, you’re locked in. So read through the guidelines carefully to make sure this type of “do it yourself” event is for you. Click here to view Le Dîner en Blanc photos from cities around the globe.
Rules & Regulations of Le Dîner en Blanc
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- To participate in the first West Palm Beach dinner guests must be invited via the hosts network or participating partners or get on the waiting list via the official website by October 15th 2015.
- Once confirmed, guest participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Guests can only consume wine and/or champagne that has been purchased on Le Dîner en Blanc e-store prior to the night of the event. The wine sponsor is Apothic White, which means you can only drink this wine if you purchase it. Apothic Wines are value wines that can be purchased in your local grocery store, and in big box retail outlets. There is no mention as to the Champagne sponsor on the website or whether or not you can bring your own non-alcoholic beverages. Due to city regulations, guests are not allowed to bring their own wine and/or champagne. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white. (You must create your own tablescape, if you choose to)
- To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Le Dîner en Blanc volunteers.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and trash.
- Reservations are made in twos.
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket of quality menu items, proper stemware and white china dinnerware. (Bring your own food, not your own alcohol; this must be purchased via Le Dîner en Blanc website)
- Trash bags for dirty dishes, glasses, and linens to be pack up and brought home with you for cleaning.
- An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
Participants must pay $37.00 per person + $8.00 for Le Dîner en Blanc membership to attend the West Palm Beach event. Even though this is a “DIY”-type of event the fees each person pays “covers the costs inherent to the organization, e.g., bus rental, electricity, sound system, lighting, security, photographic and video services, and other event incidentals. Membership and transaction fees are used to cover the inherent costs of training, support and technological services to all the organizers from around the world, to enable them to organize their own event, graciously offered by Diner en Blanc International. These services allow us to preserve the values conveyed by the concept, to sustain the corporate standards by regrouping them within a single network and, to develop these technical tools. The membership offers members a number of online services that will be multiplied in the coming years. Le Dîner en Blanc International is working in updating its platforms – release planned for 2016 – in order for all participants of a Dîner en Blanc event to become members. In addition, this annual fee will allow members to register for as many Dîner en Blanc events in the world as they wish.” -via Le Dîner en Blanc website
Sign up to be on our mailing list