The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil is an enlightening, comprehensive, and entertaining wine guide. Its second addition to be release in October 2015 is completely revised and updated with new chapters on every wine region in the world, hundreds of new wines and all new maps and photos. While researching the second edition, MacNeil traveled the world and tasted over 10,000 wines, discovering new trends and exploring emerging wine regions such as China along with new wine producers in Europe and South and Central America.
At over 1,000 pages, the chapters deliver information on the top regions of the world, including the well known areas such as Bordeaux, Burgundy and Tuscany, as well as up and coming producers like Japan, India, Mexico, China, and the Republic of Georgia.
- A helpful “Wines to Know” list for each region
- History, geography, grape varieties, and how they profoundly affect a wine’s character
- How to taste with focus and build a wine-tasting memory
- Fun and informative explorations: How many bubbles are in Champagne and why; the intricacies of Port and Sherry; what makes a great wine great?; why dogs are important in the vineyard; are women better wine tasters than men?; the myth of cabernet and chocolate; and more!
- Choosing great glassware, how to read a label, the way to store wine to keep it sound, plus a descriptive taste glossary of hundreds of important wine varieties throughout the world
- Extensive sections on the traditional, tried-and-true food pairings for the wines of every major wine region
One of the foremost wine experts in the United States, Karen MacNeil is the only American to have won every major wine award given in the English Language, including the James Beard award for Wine and Spirits Professional of the Year and the International Wine and Spirits award as the Global Wine Communicator of the Year. In a full-page profile on her, TIME magazine called Karen, “America’s Missionary of the Vine.”
Karen is the author of the award-winning book, the WINE BIBLE, the single best selling wine book in the United States. Her articles have been published in more than 50 newspapers and magazines including The New York Times and Worth. The former wine correspondent for the Today Show, Karen was the host of the PBS series Wine, Food and Friends with Karen MacNeil, for which she won an Emmy. Karen’s firm, Karen MacNeil & Company, creates customized luxury wine experiences around the world, with Karen as the group’s host and private tutor. The experiences are geared to both individuals and companies.
Karen MacNeil will be in West Palm Beach to host a 2012 Quintessa Wine Release Party, open to the public on Wednesday October 14th at 6:00 PM at Virginia Philip Wine Shop & Academy 101 N. Clematis St., Suite 150 West Palm Beach, FL 33401, admission is $50 for the wine tasting and copy of The New Wine Bible. MacNeil will then be in Miami for a talk and wine tasting at Books & Books Coral Gables on Thursday October 15th at 8 PM 265 Aragon Ave.
Sign up to be on our mailing list