Mercer Wine Estates of Eastern Washington has an agricultural history that dates back to the turn of the century beginning with sheep herding in the early 1900s. Some forty years later cattle, and dryland wheat production is introduced to support the growth and sustainability of Mercer Ranches. A decade later with irrigation introduced vineyards and other crops found their natural foothold at Mercer. Four short years later in 1972, the first family of the land in Washington, Don and Linda Mercer become the founding wine grape growers in the Horse Heaven Hills. The Cabernet Sauvignon they planted in Block 1 would later become the highly acclaimed Champoux Vineyard. In 2005, the Mercers started making Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with their on site tasting room opening in 2009. In 2011, Don and Linda Mercer received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers. Mercer Wine 3100 Lee Road Prosser, Washington 99350.
- Mercer Estates 2014 Pinot Gris $12 This mild-mannered Pinot Gris begins with aromas of peach, melon and honeysuckle followed through on the palate. The balance of fruit and acidity has created a wine that is lush with a fresh, bright finish and a hint of minerality.
- Mercer Estates 2014 Sauvignon Blanc $12 Aromatic and refreshing this bright wine shows off its racy acidity, with lemon zest and mineral notes. Clean and crisp this light bodied wine is an easy sipper.
- Mercer Estates 2015 Viognier $18 This Rhône Valley varietal has found its place in Horse Heaven Hills proving that this notorious aromatic varietal can adapt and come into its own expressing the terrior from which it is planted. Mercer Viognier surges with aromas of cantaloupe, lychee and banana resulting full and round on the palate with a clean, crisp finish.
- Mercer Estates 2013 Chardonnay $15 Showing off its wine acumen, Mercer has produced a well balanced Chardonnay with bright acidity and creamy clean fruit. Traditional notes of apple and pear co-mingle with rich vanilla and hints of citrus zest.
- Mercer Estates 2015 Rosé $15 100% Granache; this pretty pink Rosé is a balanced wine with bright acidity that shows off aromas of grapefruit peel, strawberries, and pomegranate with a hint of tea.
- Mercer Estates 2013 Malbec $26 Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec blend, is all about the deep, dark plums and blackberry jam. Warm baking spices, lavender and cocoa add to the wines complexity ensuring an elegant wine.
- Mercer Estates 2013 Sharp Sisters Red Blend $26 This exciting red blend is made up of Merlot, Cabernet, Syrah, Sangiovese and Petit Verdot. Curvaceous and ample this blend highlights the sensual pleasures of each varietal resulting in a pleasing sybaritic wine.
- Mercer Reserve 2013 Chardonnay $25 As with any reserve wine, the fermentation and aging has created a wine that is both elegant and memorable. Classic notes of apricot and pineapple blend with vanilla and toast for a rich, full mouthfeel.
Sign up to be on our mailing list